10 Questions to Ask Yourself Regularly
By Howard Shore
After spending time with many business leaders, I’ve learned that knowing your industry, finding investment capital, and hiring good people is not enough to succeed. There are many keys to success, but one in intelligent introspection—asking the right questions. Asking and answering the right questions on a regular basis optimizes your business by ensuring that your answers are still relevant. As we enter a new year, this is a perfect time to ask those questions to make sure that we have the right foundation for success.
1. Why does anyone need what we are selling?
2. Who are our ideal customers?
3. What is our strategy for winning our ideal customers?
4. Are we increasing our market share?
5. What are our competitors up to?
6. What key capabilities need to be addressed in the next 3 to 5 years to stay ahead of our competition?
7. What are the key initiatives that must be accomplished for financial soundness of the company while driving toward the long-term goals of the company?
8. Have we filled all the key necessary positions?
9. Do we have enough people to deliver the revenue and profits we want this year?
10. Are we leaning on our employees too hard?
Do you periodically check in on your company with this type of questioning?
Latest posts by Howard Shore (see all)
- Mastering the Rockefeller Habits Workshop September 26th 2013 - August 22, 2013
- Stop Wasting Time! Avoid These 12 Things - July 27, 2012
- 4 Ways to Create Linsanity on Your Team - July 5, 2012
One Response to “10 Questions to Ask Yourself Regularly”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.